Friday, March 21, 2008

Waking-Up

Some people in this world choose to wake-up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning. For others, if they're lucky, they wake-up to the smell of a nice breakfast being made by a nice mom. Neither of those scenarios were the case for us this morning.

Lately, we've been battling some sort of virus, something very similar to Rotavirus. For those of you unfamiliar with this or similar sorts of viruses, it is highly contagious and is a 'hand to mouth' situation. We've experienced this one other time and it seemed to linger around our house for a good week. It hits the stomach region and causes all things bad that have to do with stomachs and butts. Luckily (knock on wood) I don't seem to get it. Maybe because I wash my hands a ton, or maybe because I was born and raised in a barn-like situation and I'm immune to such things. The latter seems most likely given my childhood (no offense to my parents, but we were kind of feral, just ask the Whipples.)

So here's to waking up this morning to the fresh smell of pooh. To rinsing it out of Noelle's pj's, and washing all bedding, blankies and things of the like twice. And to wishing Boo anything but a similar experience to his federal court one from the last round of viruses.

10 comments:

Gold-E said...

Or like sitting on the Mass Pike at rush hour...

Rachel said...

Yes, that stunk too! Pun intended...

Anonymous said...

It seems to me I remember you having a similar experience here in Boston in the last number of months....maybe the virus gods want a good colon cleansing for each city you live in - you need to 'leave your mark'

EmilyCC said...

Oh, no! I hope Noelle didn't get it from those pregnant goats at the zoo.

Hope you stay well--how else could you stay on top of the laundry?

lulu said...

Eeeew! Even though you haven't caught it, doesn't that smell make you want to vomit anyway?

talonandanna said...

holy CRAP! you're in the middle of a crisis! i pity you. we've been there so many times.... ok, so what are you doing for it and how are you getting through?

Nay said...

We may have been messy marvins, but we were not dirty people while you kids were growing up. You kids were clean, whether you remember it or not, that is one thing I DO remember. I'm sad you remember something that simply is not true.

Nay said...

Sorry to hear you're having tummy bummy problems. Hope you'll all be feeling better soon. Love you.

Rachel said...

I think my Mom remembers different things than I do, but as a little kid, I had no reservations about peeing in the backyard, bushes of course. Sorry Mumsie, I think we really were feral.

Gold-E said...

No, feral is the Terrels (the rhyme is no coincidence). Everyone's peed behind a bush at some point in their life (admittedly or not). We were just kids who played hard. We did shower when we were done. Mums is right.