Sunday, March 09, 2008

Murmuring

I'd like to take this opportunity to murmur.

A few weeks ago, while my Sissy was in town visiting, a robo-cop took a picture of my car and sent me an early birthday present in the mail. Now I don't think I'm all that aggressive as a driver, however given my experiences of the last few years it was survival, necessity, the essentials to staying alive on the roads of Boston.
I guess I still have a little of that in me. So to celebrate I get to go to a driving safety class and pay the fine. It sucks, I'm not happy at all. And had there not been a website to view myself in the action then I would try to argue my innocence, but since I've replayed the incident several times, I'm sure my attempts would be futile. So happy early birthday to me. They should have just taken away my birthday all together.

In addition to that, we've been asked to speak in church, not for a few weeks though. So now I'm wallowing in my future approach to the pulpit and the anxiety which it causes me. Boo doesn't seem to mind speaking in church and I really don't want resist, I think it only makes matters worse. However I get up there and start talking fast and then I get all sorts of emotional and by the time I sit down I can barely remember what it was I said. Its like I black out. I come from good pulpit people stock. People who get up there ramble on, make good sense of scripture, add in a little antidote, some personal experience and then its all over. Somewhere down the line I didn't get that gene of confidence. So if I start begging for prayers from others I might actually make it through. Thanks in advance to all of you.

5 comments:

Lynsee said...

Sean and I are the same way. He loves to speak. His mom was an EFY speaker so it runs in the family. I, on the other hand, am not a great speaker. I get extrememly nervous, sick to my stomach and really hot. It's awful. I'm sure you'll do great though. Good luck!

Gold-E said...

I've been replaying that day over and over too and can't figure out where the violation occured. Jerks! Don't they know you're a Masshole?

Good luck on the talk. Hopefully your topic isn't The Atonement.

Adrianne said...

I used to hate driving in Boston so much that i wouldn't drive in the city. I would panic if I had to pick Dan up from school. It is true though-that it breads survival of the fittest driving skills which aren't easy to let go of. Some times I pull way out in traffic to make a boston- left turn and scare the people in my car half to death. go figure!

Lisa said...

Didn't you guys speak like a couple months ago? I know it was in your old ward before you moved but still. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully though! Just use your same talk, nobody there will know the difference!

TomKat said...

What a bummer...you should read my blog about a similar topic, maybe it will help you feel a tiny bit better, maybe not. I love you even though the traffic police may feel you are reckless. What is your talk on?