Sunday, March 16, 2008

Food Critic

We went to a new Greek food establishment just up the street from us, Cyprus Pita Grill. Now if you know me well, then you know that I should have been born in the Mediterranean. I love that kind of food. Eastern European, not so much.

I digress. So this new place has some pretty good food. Not the best I've ever had, but I'd eat it often. Its not Yanni's Greek Express by any stretch of the imagination. (All of you in the greater SLC area should go on my behalf.) However, it seems they have a few operational issues. Where are our drinks? Where is the rest of our meal? Holy cow, can't you wipe off the darn tables?

So for all of the locals reading my blog, give them a couple of weeks, or just order it to go and you'll be much happier. Try the Greek fries or "frice" as it was put on the kids menu. (Said with an accent rice and fries kind of sound the same, but whoops we're in America now.) I should have taken a picture, but my cell phone is ghetto and doesn't have those kinds of features and even if it did I probably wouldn't be able to get it from the phone to my blog. Sorry folks.

8 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Ive never actually been to Yanni's. I suppose I should check it out!

Bar M U said...

Hey Roos! It's Brooke from EHS. I linked up to your blog and love it! My hubby's family intro'd me to Greek food...mmmm, how did I go all those years without it? Anyway, its good to see what you're up to. My silly blog is at barmu.blogspot.com.

birdie said...

hmmm.. we'll have to try that out -- in a few weeks, i think. I love Yanni's! Don't you dream about dolmathes sometimes? so good. I do like greek souvlaki better, though.

Gold-E said...

Hey! I went to Yanni's on Friday! mmmm. So good. I ate every bite of my gyro, yellow rice and fries. Oink oink.

Btw, Eastern Euro food isn't so bad. It's kind of Mediterranean. The shopska salad and chicken kabob are the best!

Heidi said...

Hey Rachel, it's Heidi! I forgot to mention to you yesterday when I saw you at Target that we are having book club tonight at my house (8pm). Someone mentioned you might be interested, so you are totally welcome to come! Call me if you have questions.

Rob & Megg said...

I'll take a trip to Yanni's tomorrow for you Rach...those fries are so darn good!

Shawn said...

HAHA! I went there on the day it opened and there were no lids for the cups, and no trash cans to throw away the trash! I was like... maybe you shouldn't have opened today!?

Adrianne said...

I don't know where in AZ you are- but you should take a trip to PITA Jungle in Chandler ( I know there are others) I went there while I was visiting and loved it!!