Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday Night Lights

As a family we thought it would be a good idea if we went out Friday night and supported one of the local high school football teams. Seemed like a great idea. I like to watch the people, Boo likes to critique the games and Noelle was most interested in the mascot fending off kids pulling his tail. Besides sitting in the band geek section (this would include all their friends and parents of said participants) and the intense amount of humidity building in the air, it wasn't that bad. In the end the home team lost and that's always a bummer but after a quick run to the Circle K all my worries were gone.


However, when we got home the real entertainment began. A monsoon had been working its way north all night during the football game. We could see the lightening in the far off distance but I guess around these parts that's no cause for worry. Shortly after Noelle went to bed the loud claps of thunder and incredible amounts of lightening ensued upon our neighborhood. Since I've been gone most of the summer I haven't had this experience yet. It was a pretty amazing light show right outside my bedroom window.
Even though it looked like a hurricane for about ten minutes, I'm still glad I don't live in the Gulf Coast.

0 comments: