Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cooking Phenom

Its really hard to be a cooking phenom when you have inadiquate tools in your kitchen and possibly inadiquate skills. I can sharpen my skills through practice, but honestly there are some kitchen tools that I haven't even heard of. That's why swapmeets are good. There are booths full of stuff that you never thought you might need but secretly might want. This is how I obtained a small spatula and a dough cutter.

I added a "wish list" on the side of my blog of things I might need to make, say a fritata or a soufle, polenta (wish me luck on that.) Its not there to be vain or needy, its just things that might help out at some point and come my birthday or Christmas it will help my husband to not ask me fifty times of what I want or need. He'll only have to ask once since he never reads the blog. Let me know if there is a must have tool in your kitchens that I might not have that I can add to my list.

BTW... I have a cookie press already. Spritze cookies anyone?

7 comments:

Gold-E said...

You have a cookie press? I want one of those! Let's make spritze cookies this weekend :) I have a collection of rusty cheese graters. Add that to your wish list (right next to the random hand sander).

birdie said...

Who doesn't want gadgets/tools to help you cook a better polenta?!

I like your "wish list" idea. That way, you're not directly asking for handouts from family, but you are subtley implying. Good idea.

Elizabeth R said...

Ooh there are so many fun gadgets I want to expand my skills with, but I think I will have to wait until I have a kitchen with some cupboard space. Good luck with your fun list!

Adrianne said...

Hey! You can never have enough random kitchen tools- that's what Pampered Chef is all about! P.S. I finally started my own blog- come check us out! love A

talonandanna said...

hey-did you get a hair straightener yet? you need to add that to you WISH list. :) get a hold of brooke for your brazilian? LOL send some hand made rach cookies this way! :) you're amAZing.

Rebecca said...

definitely a microplane grater--it grates hard cheeses, zests citrus, does fresh nutmeg from the actual nut (sounds absurd, but is really much better than previously ground nutmeg). Go out today and buy a microplane grater--you will never regret it.

Shawn said...

I'm jealous that you have a Kitchen-Aid mixer! What else do you need!??! My favorite tool is my orange peeler, but those are really cheap so you can just buy one without having to put it on a wish list..