Friday, February 08, 2008

Two Quick Things and Then I'll Be Out of Your Hair

Earlier today I picked up our dry cleaning, no big deal. Since Noelle was asleep I thought I'd try out the drive-thru option. I've always wanted to try that, but never have. So I pull up and the sliding door is open and the cheery lady tells me she'll be right with me. As I look through the door to answer I notice that she's totally workin' it. You know what I mean? Butt out, tight jeans, some plummers crack and serious muffin tops. YIKES! I just couldn't help but to be caught in one of those mini seizures of staring off into space and thinking about how funny and sick that was. Poor lady.

The second thing is that I'm currently in the middle of making my first ever souffle. Obvisouly not for the faint of heart. I'm a little scared and mad at the same time. I see on my recipe that it calls for some cream of tartar, but can't find when or where I'm supposed to use the cream of tartar. Finally, Boo comes in clicks around on the recipe and finds that its supposed to help my egg whites stiffen. So lame, why the heck couldn't they tell me that before? Don't they know I'm an amature? Linda T. always says "If you can read you can cook." I can read and can't really cook, especially when a recipe from Gourmet Magazine leaves out the part of the cream of tartar as a helpful hint. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

talonandanna said...

you're hilarious!

Anonymous said...

we had a moment of silence for you guys last night. Loving the cooking story - I have fond memories of the chocolate cake at the tree house party! yum

Elizabeth R said...

A. You should have told the dry cleaning lady you liked her outfit.

B. Way to take on a souffle! Those are way beyond my capabilities!