Friday, February 15, 2008

My Funny Valentine

When this current picture was taken, I felt so silly. And shortly after we drove up to Maine where I stood and declared that I had an announcement to make... "We had engagement pictures taken today!" Ha, they all thought I was going to say something else. That was the best part. Anyhow, its actually kind of sweet and its not very often that just the two of us get to be together in a picture.

Which brings me to the next part of my story. A long time ago we declared that Valentine's Day was just a big let down. Boo commiserates that floral shops hike up the price of flowers which he is never willing to pay for. And I can never think of something clever and usually give up early in the hunt. I've hinted many times to the fact that Costco sells flowers at a discount all year long. This usually falls on deaf ears and I end up buying the flowers for myself a week in advance and just tell him that they're my "blank" flowers. (Insert any occasion for the word blank.)

So this Valentine's Day season he commented that he hadn't made it to Costco and wasn't sure if he would. Talk about 'anticipointment.' (thanks Sundahls) Anticipointment is the anticipation of something great and then being a little disappointed at the same time. There are two great occasions when this occurs: Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve.
So wallowing in my VD sadness and watching all these great VD surprises on Oprah my door bell rang. First thought was "Man I hope it isn't someone from church because I look like crap." But in reality it was Cupid bringing me my own VD surprise, flowers, even tulips that I love.

Boo got some Dove chocolates and a Tide-to-Go pen. How romantic and clever.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hooray for surprise flowers! And they are the color of our pedicure polish, "Dutch Tulip." (Mine is still on, a tiny red square in the middle of each toenail.)

Anonymous said...

love the flowers, so pretty!! The engagement photo is darling too - when's the bridal shower??

talonandanna said...

way To go Boo! i knew you had it in you! and this is a great pic of the two of you.