Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Birthday Weeks

Its not official, but I think we have begun the celebration for Boo's birthday week. You all might be jealous to know that at our house we celebrate for an entire seven days surrounding the actual birthday. Whoever's birthday it happens to be gets to choose when they want to start it and then it ends a week later. I'm not sure why we started this? Maybe because Boo wanted seven days of nice wife or maybe because one of us was feeling jaded by our childhood and needs to make up for the difference by celebrating our birthday for an entire week. Probably both.

Since Boo can't find his head with both hands because he's been so busy with work I have decided that it started already and we'll celebrate through to next Tuesday. This gives him a few days prior and post that we all have to be nice and give him preferential treatment.

As a part of the birthweek celebration I jumped online and found a great web site that helps you plan meals for as many days of the week as you want and then compiles a grocery list so that you have everything you need for all of those meals. http://www.oneclickdinners.com/ LOVE IT! The first two meals have been successful - Jamiacan Jerk Chicken with special rice, beans and sweet potato stuff and tonight was Chicken Keiv with lemony asparagus and the left over rice concoction.

It was so good Noelle wouldn't touch it. Which I don't understand because she's a good eater generally. I even sat at the table with her for a long period of time, post dinner to see if I could will her into eating some. Not a snowball's chance... So I told her if she doesn't eat her dinner than she could go to bed and she said "Okay Mama." Without much incident she went to bed, however around 11pm decided she was done and wasn't going to lay down. Boo is a major softy and spends a long time trying to calm her and nicely ease her back to sleep. Me on the other hand, I rule with an iron fist. I guess that method of parenting is a little premature for my not-quite-two year old. Ooops, lesson learned.

PS. - I probably should have tended to the crying toddler since it is Boo's birthweek.

2 comments:

birdie said...

I'm definitely going to start the birth week thing. Maybe I'll wait until Oct. to do it (my BDay) though, since it's Andy's birthday tomorrow. Sorry honey - Oops.

talonandanna said...

happy birthday ryan! hope it's a good week. wish we could be there to help celebrate with chocolate licorice and chocolate covered strawberries. :) miss you guys!