Monday, June 09, 2008

Busy

This past week we've been busy. I was "commissioned" to make a quilt for a baby shower that had a deadline. (If I don't have deadlines it doesn't get done until well after the birth usually) The phone call went like this, sort of.
Friend: "We're going to have a shower for her."
Me: "Oh I should send a gift, but I don't think I have time to make a quilt."
Friend: "I'd commission you to make a dog quilt."
Me: Silence....."I'm not sure I have it in me."
After a few days of thinking about it I called my dear friend back and said I'd do it, but to make it easy on myself, only two dogs. I found it harder to think of what to put in the other squares that I just went the distance instead. It was a ton of work, but one of my favorites now. I sure hope its loved. In the past I've made one for a boy, one gender neutral and finally a dog quilt for a girl. Click here if you're interested in the pattern.

Two of the dogs represent the recipients dogs and a couple look like our family dogs that we've had in the past. (Rest in peace)

Silky backs are my favorite




All of that work wouldn't have been finished if it hadn't been for Grammy's visit, which happened to coincide. She kept Noelle entertained for hours so that I could do what I needed to get finished. While she was here we got to celebrate her birthday with the infamous Lindy's Coconut Cake. Mmmmmm.... As you can see Papa played dress up with Noelle too!

5 comments:

Gold-E said...

That turned out really great! I love how you did silky ears too. Good idea! Hey, will you make me a Lindy's Coconut Cake for my birthday?

Lisa said...

seriously woman, you are amazing!

EmilyCC said...

Such talent! I love how different each dog looks--almost as much as I'm lovin' Noelle in the cowboy boots and muscle shirt...

Shawn said...

Wow, that quilt is amazing! You have such a talent for that! I wish I had that kind of patience!

Anonymous said...

All right,
So I saw the quilt first hand as the soon to be mama opened the present. It is AMAZING! It is super soft and cuddly. Rach you did such a great job. You had Sue cryin!