Sunday, May 04, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben & Jerry

Since I've been delinquent in posting the fun things we've been up to, I'll just add a smattering all at once.

Last week I got an email from my mom which I was convinced was just another one of those "forwards" that she tends to send around. It said that I could go and celebrate Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream's birthday and by doing so would be rewarded with a free ice cream cone. I like to check these things out before showing up to make a fool of myself asking for free ice cream, and sure enough my local B&J's was hosting a party. So thanks B&J's for having a birthday and letting us party with you. Thanks mom for sending me a good "forward."
Noelle was overly possessive of her ice cream. When we'd try to help her she'd hold on so tight that she eventually smashed the bottom half of the cone which mad for tricky holding.

Later that day we got to spend some time with Papa Albertsen, who was in Arizona for business. He took us to dinner, where Boo got the brontosaurus rib feast. (at least that was what it looked like when they brought it out.)

We also got the biggest piece of cake I've ever seen. There was an entire giant cake in a refrigerated case and we pointed it out to Noelle who exclaimed, "Oh my gosh!"

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Holy Mother that is a big rack or meat. I hope Boo was able to polish it off.

Gold-E said...

I got that email from mom and thought it was a big ol' snopes, but lo and behold it was real! I schlepped my trash to the B&J for a little chocolate brownie fudge myself :D