Sunday, May 04, 2008

Albertsen Family Tradition Revived

On Friday night we took a drive down to Mesa to visit my cousin Michael and his family. It just so happened that his mother (Aunt Yo) was in town as was my mom, Gramma Nay. One big love fest. Noelle and cousin Mike were instant buds and she was even so sad when she couldn't ride in their car to dinner, fearing he was going to leave her with us.

We got a private piano concert from Jacob, a tour of their house, and took a dip in their new pool, and then decided we'd all go out for dinner. They casually suggested Organ Stop Pizza. Say what? My eyes nearly popped out of my head with excitement. I think I even shook Boo so that he would understand what they said.





For as long as I've known the Albertsen's I've heard about Organ Stop Pizza. It was a tradition of theirs during their days living in Tempe to go at Christmas time after seeing the Christmas display at the Mesa Temple.

They've described it as this organ that rises out of the floor and some guy plays songs that most people would recognize. Holy cow they weren't lying. One of the largest Wurlitzer organs in the world. The musicians need engineering degrees just to operate that bad boy.


This is Chuck-E-Cheese for geriatrics, but kids like it too. The whole display was pretty spectacular for a pizza joint. Noelle was equally amazed. Notice we parked her right where she could see. We can't wait for Grammy & Papa Albertsen to come visit so we can go back.








2 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Ummmm.

At first, when you said "organ," I thought you meant BODILY organs...like hearts and livers and thyroids and intestines and stuff.

Then I got all grossed out at the thought of ORGAN pizzas...

Then I thought, "Well, that's the kind of thing those Albertsen's might get a kick out of....so, heck, it could happen."

Clearly, I was wrong.

EmilyCC said...

Oooh, I LOVE Organ Stop Pizza. Glad to hear Noelle enjoyed it; I've been reluctant to make the drive and then chase kids the whole time.