Monday, April 07, 2008

One Year Older and Wiser Too.....

Another birthday week is in full swing. My birthday was on Saturday and well there were just a few things I required and to sum them up it was to do absolutely nothing. I didn't even want to make dinner suggestions. I'd have eaten cereal if that was the choice made for me. I was in my bathrobe until 5pm and the only reason I bothered getting dressed was because someone rang my doorbell. I didn't answer it because I was ashamed of myself for still being in my bathrobe. So sorry whoever you were. But just in case you came back I put on clothes.

Boo continued taking good care on Sunday by making some dinner and even cleaning up his cooking disaster of a kitchen. He's a great cook and uses everything possible when making dinner.

On Friday night we went out to dinner with some neighborhood friends to a great restaurant called White Chocolate Grill. If you are ever in a city that has one, I'd recommend it. Good call Camille & Andrew. We came back to our house for some super awesome Lindy Coconut Cake.

As part of the birthday week continuum, a package arrived this morning that Boo had been anticipating. He has warned me that he and his parents got me a surprise, but due to some weather complications it was delayed. I knew it had been ordered from Costco.com and started worrying immediately of what it could possibly be. My first thoughts were this: a multi-phone system for our house. This was a likely guess because his mom and I were just at Costco looking at phone systems. Thank you for not buying me that. The second was maybe new pots and pans. I really want a saute pan and IKEA as the cheapest one, but a whole new set would be fine too, but not for my birthday. Maybe he got a crazy idea to buy me an iPod. Nice thought, but I have something else I like much more. I racked my brain and really couldn't figure out what it would be, but much to my surprise he pulled through. He bought a new camera. A Cannon PowerShot ELPH. Love it. We've talked about how nice it would be to have a camera that fit nicely into a purse or pocket so that we don't have to grow a new limb to hang our current camera on. Don't get me wrong, we do like the other one, its just huge.

So here's to Boo and his parents for getting something super out of the blue. Sorry for the earlier birthday disclaimer blog that made you think you'd have to send it back. Its fantastic. I really am excited and surprised. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Side note: For many of my past birthdays I have gotten electronics, which was why I posted no electronics in an earlier blog. To name a few, car stereo, cell phone, mP3 player. Boo may say that not all of these were "birthday presents" but really they were.

10 comments:

lulu said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear that the phone system won't come until mothers day. He He. Take care.

Gold-E said...

Shoot, I was hoping to see the extra limb you were growing for your other camera. Happy Birthday week!

Bar M U said...

Happy Birthday! You make me laugh so I make sure to visit your blog often because I would be sad if I missed the chance to burn those extra calories on a few ha-ha-has.

Adrianne said...

happy birthday! I really have great intentions of sending you my hand sander- i just need to use it first! ha ha! maybe i'll just throw and extra one in the cart next time I'm at home depot!

Daniel said...

What? An Automatic Potato Peeler Wasn't on the list?

birdie said...

Happy Birthday!! I love how you guys do birthday weeks - then it feels like a birthday celebration all year long!

What's Lindy's Coconut Cake? Sounds devine

Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Rob & Megg said...

Happy Birthday Rach! Sounds like a grand week. I'm with Jane...share the find Lindy's Coconut Cake (YUM). Looking forward to seeing all the new fun pictures with your birthday present!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got a present that you like and that will help us keep in touch with you. We enjoy getting to see your photos and hear of your adventures. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Tami said...

This is Tami Kamerath...from long ago in the 27th ward primary. Cute family. I was pretty excited to see you guys in the blogger world. You guys look like a happy family.