Monday, June 11, 2007

We've Been Busy - and Handy

So for the benefit of all the people who have heard me talk about "my bench" here's a picture of it. For those who actually look at our blog and don't know the story I'll do my best to make it short and interesting.

This is my new bench, that I made! Isn't it cute?
It actually was once upon a time our old coffee table, which was neither used for coffee or much of a table. In our BC days (before child) it served as a catch all for our junk that we fully intended to do something with, but rarely did before it expired or became obsolete to the current situation. So when we moved last September we decided that it wouldn't have a space as a coffee table in our new place and was whisked away to Maine to someday become what is now "my bench."

For Mother's Day I received a drill set, partially because I needed an excuse to make the bench an actuality rather than a dream. So two weeks ago while we were in Maine visiting with our family I explained to our Papa that I would like to use his saw to cut the coffee table in half and to make my bench. After much amusement to the fact that girls "shouldn't use power tools" and a little help from Uncle Scott, I had my old coffee table/ new bench ready to take home and upholster. I think I did a fine job. I even matched my plaids. Its served us well so far as an extra place to sit and also as an ottoman. Thanks Scott. (So much for short) :)'

0 comments: