Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Walden Pond, Book Group and Reunion Anxiety

This seems so silly that I'm even posting anything about this on my blog. All these events can be seen as somewhat trivial at best, but what's a blog for? So today we spent the better part of the day at Walden Pond. Yep the same Walden Pond that Thoreau wrote about. Its a great spot to go on a hot day like today, more like sweltering actually. But I imagine that Thoreau probably didn't think of Walden with beaches and tons of kids hanging out enjoying it too, then again maybe. But its cheaper than going to the pool and it really makes you feel like you're in a more remote spot than you really are. Its only about a fifteen minute drive from our house. Needless to say it was "lovely," and Noelle got a kick out it too and we came home sunburn free to boot.

Also, tonight was the last book group of the season and I so blindly offered to be the leader of the discussion. I had great intentions when they started in the fall, but hells bells the last time I read a book in less than who knows how long was before I had a baby and took public transportation to work an hour in each direction. When that is the case you can get a lot of reading done. The book we read was Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously (or something like that it has two different names) Its not for the faint of heart as far as language is concerned especially a church book group - uh hello. Anyhow, I have spent the last two days making sure I have the book read so I can actually ask real questions and if I have to carry the discussion I could. It all worked out fine and I'm still alive to tell about it. Duh. Anyway if anyone wants to borrow it let me know.

Last but not least, I'm getting ready to head to Utah for my 10 year high school reunion and as of late I have serious anxiety over it. Its so dumb really, but seriously I'm a little apprehensive being that Boo will not be with me, so what if I'm left talking to myself in a corner? That won't be the case because I'm hardly at a lack of words and could talk anyone into a coma. But really I'm a little scared. Does anyone want to come with me in place of Boo? Let me know so I can pass it by him first. Just kidding actually, but I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments: