Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why do I always have to be so smart?

So I think I've done a pretty good job of fixing things around here. You'd think a brand new house wouldn't need much fixin' but gee whiz.
It all started with the dryer. How in the world was I going to make my three pronged plug fit in the mis-shapen four pronged plug and how many times would I try before realizing it really wasn't even the same shape? So Boo took the cord off the dryer, drew up a diagram of the outlet and told me to take it to HomeDepot and ask them to come up with a solution for me. So me being the smart shopper that I am with unattached dryer cord in hand asked the greeter where I would find such tools. He directed me to a general electrical section where I once again tried to match my plug with a new outlet switch because clearly someone had installed the wrong thing. I noticed that the HD was selling new cords. Well clearly I wasn't the only person with this problem because why would they mass produce something like this and sell it here. But it was different enough that I didn't feel confident in mine or Boo's skills to reattach this new thing to our dryer. I asked a couple more people who made it quite clear as to why the other guy was demoted to greeter and one of my fellow smarties explained in detail what I should do. Leaving the HD quite confident, I called two electrical experts that I know and asked them and got the same answers. When I got home I had to use some of my expert drill skills to get a bolt off the dryer, attach the new cord and then call expert #1 as I pushed the button to see if it worked just in case I got shocked and he would have to be the one to notify the authorities that I had indeed failed at the task. Luckily I was victorious.

8 comments:

Gold-E said...

Grandpa Roos smiles from above, smarty pants.

TomKat said...

You crack me up. Good job, nicely done.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Yes Grandpa is so proud. Is he one that you called for advice? hehe! Great Job.

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

Awwww....Im expert #1

TomKat said...

Who taught expert #1, How come you didn't call the master?

Dad

Rachel said...

I probably didn't call the master because no one at that number ever answers the phone....Sorry, not the first person I thought of, next time.