Saturday, January 05, 2008

Its Official

Well its official. We live in the southwestern version of the sticks. What is the sticks you ask? Well when you're living in New England that is the place where people live when you can't find their house or they just live really far away from almost everything. This is sort of the case however there are no sticks to be found only cacti and sagebrush. So would this be referred to as the dirts or the sticks as in "That cactus has hurty sticks on it." I still can't be sure. I haven't reconciled the fact that I really live here. We'll be getting our furniture on Monday and maybe by then it will feel more like home. For now I will call it my vacation home because my heart is still in New England and it keeps me from being overly sad.

So on the brighter side, the things I really like about my community are the citrus trees loaded with oranges and lemons. It looks as though our new landlord plans to put a lemon and grapefruit tree in the backyard as he finishes the landscaping. Also, our new house is pretty nice. Bigger than anything we've experienced this far and it has its own attached garage. So what this means is that you should all come and see the trees and my house. I'll post some pictures soon.

8 comments:

Gold-E said...

I'm excited for you sissy. I think you'll like AZ eventually, all though, did you know it's hot there? I look forward to your invitation to come and visit, and when I do, we'll make lemonade to refresh us after a hard game of wii tennis!

Elizabeth R said...

We are excited for you as well and will come to visit asap! I, like Rebekh, have heard its pretty hot there though....

Nay said...

I'm glad you're finally going to get settled in. Can't wait for my invitation to come visit. Ok...I can handle any heat as long as you're there to share it with me!

TomKat said...

hot or not, I'm coming!

lulu said...

Wow! Arizona. I'm excited to see some pictures! I also wanted to say that I like your haircut. Is it new, or have you had it a while?

Nancy said...

I spent 10 years there, it never did feel like home. I need a change of seasons, though, so I know what I'm supposed to be doing. It's really hard to for me to Christmas shop when it's 75 degrees. Anyway, expect losts of visitors between October and May, not so many the other months. You'll know who really loves you if they come to visit in August!

talonandanna said...

Damn, have you heard how hot it gets there in AZ? Can't believe it's real, I'm sure you can't either! But we are hopeful that you will settle in and soon feel at home. We'll be there to visit before you know it, too soon, perhaps. :) I'm jealous of the citrus trees. Grow me a pomegranate will ya! Chow.

stephanie said...

hope you guys are doing well. it was so much fun hanging out with you guys over christmas. hugs to all y'all, and happy new year...

steph, jeff, and the girls