Monday, January 14, 2008

Getting Unpacked and the Hired Help

Packing stinks, but unpacking stinks more. We have almost everything put in its place, with the exception of my clothes which are still in boxes. Yes its true, I'm living like a hobo out of my suitcase still. So is Noelle because I haven't unpacked her clothes yet either. I'm kind of a one room at a time person. Today however is the day to get Noelle's room in fully working condition. All of her furniture is in and the stuff to be stored is all nicely put in the closet but the "important" things like clothes, are still in the boxes. But not for long.


Auntie holding her sign in front of our house
"Will work for airline ticket, God bless"
Auntie came and helped us get almost everything unpacked and organized. Most of all we got all of the pictures on the walls. My new best friend is the 3M picture hanging Velcro strips. If you haven't tried them, I would highly recommend this alternative to putting holes in your walls, especially if you're temporary like we are. We also got a couch and a bed frame from the co-worker neighbor who is already moving, which looks good in our house. (some of you are thinking, but what about the couches you scored the good deal on? I'll get to that in a later blog.) So now we have a place to sit and sleep. So come on over.




Living room/ great room - two views with our kitchen table in the background


Guest bedroom and second bathroom

Besides unpacking, this weekend we also attended our new ward. We thought we were going to get lucky and have a later meeting time, since we had 8:30am in Belmont until we moved, but no we still have that same great time here at our new ward. Also, I don't think I've been in such a large ward, ever. So many families that it was the welcoming wagon that greeted us, it was more like, "Oh a new family, great now they're really going to split the ward, again." Probably not really what they were thinking but it wasn't the same. In relief society they had me stand and introduce myself and as I was standing there the RS president asked for my phone number, ok now I'm not all the private of a person if I have blog, but I hesitated. Then as I'm blurting out my number the next thing I say is "Call me" - read like you're reading your year book from high school.

6 comments:

birdie said...

Wow! Looks good. I didn't even notice your lonely bottoms. We would love to get together when the dust settles. Our dust is still settling after almost 2 yrs here! Hmmm... those boxes in storage just won't unpack themselves. Call us - or email

Gold-E said...

Sissy - even though unpacking sucks, it is way more fun when its somebody elses trash and when my brain thinks it's spring time! Thanks for having me for the weekend and letting me tell you how to arrange your stuff :) I can't wait to come back!

Nay said...

Nice to see you getting settled in. Waiting for an invite!

lacy said...

awesome...disneyland, here we come!

Anonymous said...

nice pad babe!
Don't your miss living in the smoky house??? You have a spare room!!! So have you met many people? Other mommies at the park??
WE MISS YOU HERE!!!

Elizabeth R said...

It looks great! Im glad everything went fairly smooth throughout the move!