Friday, December 23, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 7

Ok so I haven't posted in a few days, but that won't stop Christmas from coming and hasn't stopped miracles from happening. So for the seventh day I will share my Christmas miracle.

On Tuesday, which is when this should have posted, I did some shopping and then ran to the post office to get some more stamps and to mail a package. While I was standing in a good size line, (not the worst I've ever experienced) I see a lady reading all the signs and looking around holding a simple letter. She turned to all of us standing in line and asked if any of us knew how much it would cost to mail a letter to England? Most people turned their head and pretended not to hear the question. I said I thought it would probably take three or four stamps but that I would check on my super handy smart phone. (I love my phone!) So I started Googling postage rates to England. I found a rate but told the nice stranger to just stand with me and we would ask when it was my turn at the counter. She looked concerned that the ten or twelve people who where now behind us would be angry. I told her that none would "bludgeon" her. Yes, that was the word I used. Anyhow, we got to the counter and she got her postage and my merry stranger went on her way, happy to mail her letter to England. I was happy that I could make someones post office experience be a little less miserable.

Oh but the miracle happened the next day when I had to return with the box of stuff I had to mail. Not only was there next to no line, but the postal worker was kind and helpful. That my friends is the Christmas miracle.

0 comments: