Tuesday, August 09, 2011

One Month


Yesterday we celebrated Brother-man's first month birthday. Noelle kept asking how old he was and I said, "One month."

She said, " No, no like how many is he?"

Clearly she has no concept of months its just whittled down to years and when she starts Kindergarten.



Today is the last day of summer. I'd be jumping up and down if I wasn't still feeling the gravitational effects of post pregnancy weight. However, my heart is full of joy watching Noelle get excited. I think she has drawn about seventy pictures for her new teacher.


Last week we met the new teacher. Her classroom was "super awesome" to quote Noelle. However there was one snafu which I should have seen coming. Everything was very organized and each child had a name card on their desk and a homework folder with their name on it. Even though I tried endlessly on all the paperwork to make sure they understood that we call her Noelle, her first given name was on EVERYTHING. She doesn't respond to that name. Also, they spelled our last name wrong. Double fail. I guess I'll need to go to the office and fix that. Lame.

I guess that's what I get for insisting that Noelle sounded better as a middle name. It just doesn't roll off the tongue the other way around. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

talonandanna said...

that is a hysterical face! what a doll! got your announcement, been meaning to email you. it's hanging proudly on the fridge. :) happy 1 MONTH little guy! can't wait to meet you!

Gold-E said...

His expressions are so funny! I can't wait to meet the brother-man and give him endless squeezes from Auntie :) Noelle cracks me up too. Actually, I pretty much adore all your babies.

Louise Plummer said...

He looks very wise.