Thursday, August 25, 2011

End of a Season


Well gardening season number one is officially over for me. I've let the garden go to seed and occasionally get out and check to see if anything is still growing. If it is, great. If not, I'm not sad. Its just too hot to go outside right now. I'm ready for August to be done. I put a lot of energy into worrying mostly about the darn watermelons. We had several growing at the same time but for some reason they would get to be the size of a football and then split open. Sadness. We did harvest one that tasted good and there might be a second one out there ready. I should check, but I probably won't. I also spotted a cantaloupe growing. I'm not sure if its going to make it to ripeness, but it would be a great surprise. All in all we harvested many zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, carrots, snow peas, basil, cilantro, parsley, and watermelon. Fantastic! I plan to revamp the planting arrangement and figure out what will grow in the second growing season of the year. Happy gardening to the rest of you who haven't given up yet.


*Side note, of course I always put on my best clothes when working in my garden, duh. Actually it just my new favorite shirt from Target.

1 comments:

Gold-E said...

I'd have to say, that was one tastey watermelon! Good job!