Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I've Hit A Wall

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. The flies are driving me insane, and I think the culprit is our little pool in the back yard. It doesn't help that the door is constantly left open and when you ask Noelle to close it she will look at you plainly and say "No thanks." I can't sit outside for long for two reasons, one I can't get up out of the chair to fulfill all of Noelle's requests and two its to damn hot! My clothes are so boring at this point in pregnancy that I'd almost rather go naked. I wandered about Target looking at possible solutions to my problem, but I can't bring myself to buy anything when I know the end is so close. I just kept telling myself that I'd be so much more happy buying myself something fun when this baby is out. I'm already sick of packing boxes. I figure a couple boxes a day is sufficient, however by the time I get that far I'm pooped. So cleaning goes out the window as does any parenting strategies I thought I had before now. Noelle has decided to launch a revolt and is no longer the nice, compliant child she was even two weeks ago. She calls us "bobbin heads," which I'm not sure what it is but I've threatened vinegar and soap and she doesn't care. That's her personal insult to me. Maybe I am a bobbin head and just don't realize it. Needless to say, if you see a post on here and I've spontaneously combusted, you'll know why. I just have to get through the next month or so and hopefully I'll be blissed out on the idea of a new house and preparing to give birth. (Personally I'd rather do that right now than anything.)

5 comments:

lacy said...

Oh, Rach! I am so sorry for you and I know just what you are feeling (except for the dealing with a three year old while you're at the pulling your hair out stage of pregnancy- definitely not looking forward to that one). I just am sorry. I wish I could help. Call me sometime and I'll remind you of the time we went to Vegas junior year and we had a surprise birthday party for you at the hotel and accidents happened. :) That was funny, right?

Louise Plummer said...

Any chance it will come early? The last month of pregnancy is the WORST. Hold this joyous thought: someday your periods will stop!

(Of course you also grow hair on your chin, but hey!)

Adrianne said...

Arrrgggghhhh! why does it have to be so hard sometimes? Don't you wish you could hang a "out of the office" sign on your life for the next month or two. Or take a small vacation from having to always be the happy level headed one. Hang in there- the best (and worst) part about parenting is that no stage lasts forever!

Love you!

Nancy said...

Make a note to self...NEVER HAVE A BABY BORN AFTER MARCH AND BEFORE OCTOBER while living in Phoenix. The only one I had born there came in January; not too bad, except the nausea in May and June.

Stephanie said...

Maybe the move will put you in labor. That's thinking positive!!