Saturday, May 09, 2009

Movin' On Up

Doo doo doo, to the East side. Just like the Jefferson's, we're movin' on up, or down depending on how you choose to look at it. We're actually going to see what that "American dream" is all about. No more shrugs of the shoulders blaming a lame landlord or apathy toward yard maintenance. I asked Boo if this was my ten year anniversary gift and he replied, "Well it is a diamond in the rough." (shoulders shrugged)

Its actually not bad at all because it will be mine and I don't do junky. So next week when I sign my life away for a realized dream, give us a hoop and a holler for jumping in feet first.

The best part is that the commute will be one third the distance for Boo and can all be done on surface streets if he wants. We can even meet him for lunch on occasion without making up an excuse for being in the neighborhood and having to pack snacks for the journey. We'll even get our dad for an extra hour or two a day! That is worth the nights I lay in bed thinking about all the walls to paint and better (meaning cuter/stylish, however function is all Boo needs) ceiling fans I'd install.

Come visit anytime...from October to March.

7 comments:

Gold-E said...

Good job, you guys. How about if I come visit in June?

Rebekah said...

We'll be in AZ in mid-July. Maybe we can stop by and see you guys then? Congrats on the house and on the upcoming new addition to the family! And I'm so excited I finally found your blog. I'm loving getting caught up on all the adventures of the Albertsens. I didn't think it was possible for Noelle to get any cuter, but she is absolutely gorgeous (and it sounds like she has tons of personality to go along with it)!!! By the way, if you're interested, we have some new updates of our Rachel at: AndrewandRebekahClark.blogspot.com. We miss you!

Heidi said...

I'll be visiting!

Camille Bassett said...

I think its a great thing for your family. Congradulations!

Shawn said...

That's awesome! We are so happy for you guys! Let me know if you need any help packing or moving!

Lisa said...

Well congrats! Living the American Dream! You'll have to let me know how that is! One day I'll join you. How come we can only come visit from October to March?

Rachel said...

Well you can come and visit anytime you'd like. I just suggest those months because they feel a little less like hell. Its rather hot here in AZ.