Saturday, April 25, 2009

Produce Mania

I know I go on and on about this great produce co-op that we participate in every other week, but seriously I love looking in my fridge to find it full of good things, that we even eat. I encourage my Utah friends to keep an eye out for one near them since they just started doing produce offerings in that area. Check http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ to see how it all works.

Let me just tell you what I got for my $15 today. (This does not include the extra stuff I got for volunteering)
Broccoli - 2 crowns
Acorn Squash -2
Lettuce
Cucumbers - 2
Celery
Apples - 7
Grapes, lots of grapes - 2 bags, don't know in pounds.
Bananas - 7 or so
Cantaloupe - 1
Pineapple - 1
Blackberries - 1 pint

Here's a picture from one of my first baskets. Look at all that good stuff. Its cheap too!

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

I have another friend in AZ. Who loves her bountiful baskets as well. It is really coming to Utah?? Sign me up. I think it is a fantastic idea!

Louise Plummer said...

Wow, that's a lot of groceries for the money. I'm in shock everytime I'm in the produce section of Harmons.

talonandanna said...

you're amazing rach! :) thanks for sharing this, i'm gonna have to check it out!