Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Practicing for Christmas Morning

Noelle has been doing her best at rehearsing the times she will attempt to wake up on Christmas morning. As her mother I've been rehearsing taking her back to bed. It never goes as planned, for either one of us, however we still endure. This morning was especially rare. 5:15am wasn't that bad, considering we've had all hours. Of course there is the crying for water and being sad that she has to get back in her bed, but I left the door to her room slightly open as part of my own tricks. When she decided to get up again I think she smacked into the door expecting it to be closed (first complication), then she came into our room and just stood looking at me. I hate having a shadowy figure staring at me while I try to sleep, its just creepy. I finally asked her what she was doing and her words were, "You go away." For Noelle this is the sure sign that she would like privacy, in the bathroom sense. Seriously, don't we all? After explaining that it was my room and that she was welcome to leave she walked out the door for a few seconds maybe minutes, I was in and out of consciousness so I can't be sure, to tell me that she had indeed pooped. Being so wise she won't sit after such business and just stood there, that same shadowy figure, until I told her to go and find the wipes and a diaper. No I didn't get up and turn on any lights for her, but miraculously she found what she needed and we continued on with the task. Hopefully we can improve our system in the next week and keep our fingers crossed for seven o'clock.

2 comments:

EmilyCC said...

Oh, you are a good mom! I just go crawl into bed with Asher so he'll leave me alone. I don't know what he'll do when he leaves on his mission...

Rachel said...

I've tried this method and her bed is terrible.