Friday, November 16, 2007

THankSgiviNG

Sometimes I like to be a complainer and decide for a while that I don't want to be thankful for anything, because picking up my house everyday isn't fun to me, and I'm not always thankful for the stuff I have. And then sometimes I'm not thankful that my local grocer is giving away free turkeys if I earn 20 stupid turkey points because I always fall short and never get the dumb thing and end up saving scraps that do me no good and are still in my purse well after they have expired. And sometimes I'm not thankful for my car that needed repairs exceeding our expectations and costing four times more than we planned.


But then I remember that even if I hate picking up books every single day and shuffling crap from one room to the other, I am thankful to have a roof over my head and room for my guests when they come. And that I am thankful that I have a car at all considering this time last year we had only one car and Boo had to take it to work most days. And I am thankful for people who call out of the blue to offer me their extra turkey points so that I can have a free turkey. I'm really happy for these reasons of thanksgiving. I hope all my blog stalkers find things to be thankful for at this time of year too! Happy Thanksgiving.
BTW.. That is my favorite tree in all of Belmont. Well at least it was when I took the picture although we still have some amazing colors just up the street. Fall in New England is the best.

2 comments:

talonandanna said...

love this pic! makes me want to make a trip back there this time of year. i enjoy the blog rach. you do a good job and it's humorous too. :) fyi, i'm working on my 6 'tag' items... i'm slow i know. and cheers to having the ghetto yard, we're right behind ya.

talonandanna said...

NO-YOU KILL me! come on, what's killin' you? my list o' 6? hey, i'm sending noelle something in the mail this week. you'd better just jump on the band wagon with it a'ight?!