Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crawling up From the Depths

Its true, I feel like I've been down in the depths of dark places. Not so much in a sad depressed sort of way. These are the depths of being the mother of three kids, reluctantly folding piles of laundry, and picking up the exact same toys day in and day out. Its true, my kids play with all the same things and the rest are just accessory toys to make it look like they're spoiled. Wait, they are spoiled.  Our favorites are dress-ups and barbies and the bin of "baby toys" that linger in our family room, but will soon move to the toy accessory closet.  Now that Nicholas is walking he spreads toys, shoes and shreds of toilet paper throughout the domicile. Good thing he's a cutie.
So as we climb out of those depths and get back into a routine now that school is back in session I can maybe get back to my neglected blog. Its still hot enough in our neck of the woods that we're hermits hiding out in our air conditioned caves so I should find a minute or two to enlighten you with life lessons courtesy of Noelle.

Yesterday's life lesson - Sleep is good.

Noelle - "Mom have you been using wrinkle cream?"
Me - "No, do I look like I have less wrinkles?"
Noelle - "Yeah"
Me - "Nope. This is what a good night's sleep looks like."

Boo and I are still wondering how she even knows what wrinkle cream is and why she thinks I need it. I must look old to her.

On another funny note, after church on Sunday Noelle was inspecting my wedding dress that hangs in the closet and asked if I would try it on for her. Reluctantly I said yes, not knowing if it would fit my current frame. Needless to say I put it on and couldn't zip it up myself and then got the zipper jammed. Yep, stranded in my wedding dress. I texted Boo and told him I needed assistance, implying "GET HOME!" After unjamming the zipper he zipped it up and we stood there together reminiscing about that great day. Good times. Noelle was entranced.

Three cheers for fitting into my wedding dress thirteen years later! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!


2 comments:

Meg said...

we are cave dwellers too! i am loving Noelle's sayings. they always give me a great laugh. too funny!

Louise Plummer said...

As I tell my kids, you are in THE THICK OF LIFE. Carry on.