Saturday, November 06, 2010

GO UTES!

Ever since our departure from Utah in 2003 we've been the minority Utah fans and you know what that's a hard role to assume. Mostly because the people who care are BYU fans and they tend to be SO hardcore that they must tell us several times over that its a good thing we were friends before they knew we went to the U. (no lie, I've gotten this on several occasions, no matter where we've lived.) So in my non-anti-BYU way, I really hope that Utah wins today and the next week and the next. I will wear my red dress on Sunday in support and not get crazy in any BYU fans' faces or make up any excuses as to why my team might be better. You know why? Because I won't have to.

6 comments:

Camille Bassett said...

Lol. I am with you on this one. I no longer feel a need to talk trash to BYU fans. Their team is embarassing enough.

Nay said...

You make me smile!

Rachel said...

Camille your husband is one of the more respectable BYU fans we've encountered.

Rachel said...

BTW, I had to cry myself to sleep last night. Inbetween sobs I could hear Boo sniffling too. Sad day at our house. Oh well, there's always next time.

Louise Plummer said...

U fans are as hard core as Y fans. Now admit it.

Rachel said...

No way. I have never seen more confrontation people than a Y fan. And no matter what they have to throw in some jab that they are so much more spiritual and special for going to the Y. I mean let's just face it, they probably did get a better education than a U student, but really a housewife is a housewife no matter where she went to school. I'm just sayin'...