Thursday, October 21, 2010

Delighting in the Spooky Season

(scary face)
Noelle is getting ready for Halloween. She's been prancing around in her costume that I made by accident. I hadn't at all intended to make a costume for her and her mind was ever changing on what it was exactly that she was going to be for Halloween. First she was going to a spider, which is her go-to costume idea every year or so it seems. Then she got hooked on the idea of being a tiger. A tiger, what the? Where would I come up with a tiger costume that didn't look like she was trying to be sexy or cool. She's four, the cool factor has yet to fully set in and I'm not about to facilitate such things. I already have to put up with being told things aren't "rock n' roll" enough as it is, however I could figure out tiger if I had to. Needless to say we went to the fabric store, looking for something unrelated to Halloween costumes, and found this great green fish scale looking material. My mind went into dress-up mode and so we bought a yard.
(the wind on Halloween)
It sat in the bag until Noelle remembered we bought it and then it was turned into a skirt, cape and whipping toy for Reggie. I figured I'd better hop to it and make that dress-up mermaid fin. It was great for about two seconds until Noelle wouldn't wear the leotard with it and wanted her own set of seashells on top. So we went back to the fabric store and snatched up a few things and two Sis naps later we had a full on mermaid costume. The only problem was getting it off Noelle long enough for it not to be worn out by Halloween. Boo somehow managed to convince her to hang it in the closet until then.
In the meantime we're working on Reggie's costume and well Sis gets the hand-me-costumes that Noelle wore. Its either that or she can be a bag of jellybeans for the next five years of her life like I was.
To add to our spookiness we've done our best and adding bats to our walls and of course a ghost. This ghost project has been on my list of things to do for a couple years and I finally got around to buying all the supplies. I haven't figured out how I'm going to store Casper. Sure wish I had a basement for my junk.
October also marks the time of year for our annual family photo shoot. Stay tuned for more pics. Sis did a good job until it was time for her nap and Noelle just wanted to strike serious poses (if you can't tell from the above photos.) I might go for round two later today to see what we come up with. Happy haunting in the meantime.

3 comments:

Luvers said...

So how did you make the ghost?

Michelene said...

Very nice decorations. We are lame and just put pumpkins on the front steps.

Gold-E said...

I want a ghost and a squeeze from that spooky girl and her sis. Miss you guys.