Friday, August 27, 2010

The Blanket

Yesterday I threw Sydney's blanket into the wash because it smelled of all things gross. She spotted it in the laundry hamper and tried to pull it out, at which point I hurried and put it in the washer. Since she and Reggie are my shadows they followed me into the laundry room when I went in to change it to the dryer. Knowing she would want the blanket if she saw it I threw it to the very back of the dryer. Well she spotted it in there too and practically climbed in just to reach a corner of her wet blanket. So I hurried and shoved all the wet laundry that she'd pulled out to get to the blanket back in and turned the dryer on and this is what ensued after. I didn't catch the part of her standing at the door of the dryer trying to open it, but you'll get the point.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awww. That's tragic. Sweet thing loves her blanket. She has to learn that it will come out of the dryer unscathed. I hope she learned that later on that day!

She's getting so big!!

the lawrence's said...

She pulled an Emma.

Nay said...

That really makes me sad. Reggie was sad, too. Just wanted to pick her up and make it all better.

Gold-E said...

Poor bugger. So sad :.....( I love how Reg tried to console her too. Funny.

Cori said...

We just watched this and it made Ryan very sad. He just kept saying, "Poor Cindy, Poor Cindy."

Michelene said...

Mean mom :) She probably forgot the whole thing once the blanket came back out of the dyer. It was still sad to watch though.

Lisa said...

That is the saddest thing to watch! Get her that blanket mom, GET IT FOR HER!

Jim Hofeling said...

SAD