Saturday, April 03, 2010

Stinkin' Easter Bunny


That's me. The stinkin' Easter bunny. I thought I had it all done and then remembered that I said I'd get the candy later. By later I didn't think it would be at 9pm the Saturday before Easter. Wal-Mart was abuzz with all the other loser parents wandering aimlessly through the aisles. Seriously it was like watching apes. We were all scratching our heads wondering where all the jelly beans had gone and why there wasn't a decent piece of chocolate to be had. Such a sorry sight. Lesson learned: get the candy early.

Side note: I told Noelle we'd be going to a neighbor's house for an Easter egg hunt. She asked me if the Easter bunny would hide eggs around our house. I said he might. Then her eyes lit up and she said "There will be candy in them and toys!" Ugghhhhh why did I do that last year? Then there was the candy shortage and well I'm going to have to make up a lie and tell her that the Easter bunny must have hid them all at her friend's house.

2 comments:

Camille Bassett said...

I had bought several plastic eggs but between the ward egg hunt and preschool my kids didn't come back with as many as I shelled out. I was out of plastic eggs and like you I was at the Walmart and they were all out! So you could have had my candy. It did me no good.

Louise Plummer said...

You are my kind of Easter Bunny.