Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Grand Finale

Man o' man are we going to sleep good tonight. We worked all day long so that we could get all of our grass finished. But we're excited to have our own miniature soccer field and play ground in our back yard. It feels great to be finished with this massive project. Not sure I'd tackle it again in the same fashion (would probably hire more day laborers.) Here's to no more shoveling and no more mud baths.
The play set was assembled by Boo while the girls and I were in Utah. I've already hit my quota on time standing there pushing the swingers. Not my favorite thing. Also the gravel came on Thursday afternoon and since I couldn't find any young men to help shovel it out of the driveway I paid some young women. They were great workers and better sports about it all.

10 comments:

Camille Bassett said...

Wow it looks so good! Way to go its nice to have a back yard. Congrats!

Luvers said...

It looks beautiful we need to come and visit and break that new yard in with you!

Nay said...

Good job, you guys! Hope you will really enjoy your beautiful park!

talonandanna said...

yay! looks like a lush grassy nook. and a fun play corner for the kiddos. maybe ONE day we can see it in person. :)

EmilyCC said...

Beautiful! I hope you have a nice long spring to enjoy it all!

Gold-E said...

Wow sissy! That looks awesome! Do I get to be the first to enjoy it? I CAN"T WAIT! JW is going to love that playgroung too, I just know it.

Rachel said...

ECC - I too am hoping that we have a nice long spring, for your sake and mine. I think we deserve at least that much for putting up with summers in this forsaken place.

Gold-e - yes you are the first to get to enjoy it in person, if you don't count the one neighbor who has seen it. See you soon!

Iv said...

Wowsers! That looks AMAZING! Way to go - I can't believe you guys did all that yourselves. Major props. Enjoy it :) Soft grass underfoot sure beats mud between the toes, right?

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful!!! I want to come play too!

Lisa said...

Oh crap, Valley View is me! Sorry.