Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Its Time to Make the Doughnuts

Tonight we had friends over for dinner since we're going to be absent for some time over the next many weeks. So to make it extra special we cooked up some homemade doughnuts. (Side note: "We" meaning Noelle and I. Boo will meet up with us later.)

Boo found the Dunkin' Doughnuts recipe online. It was really good.


I thought the chocolate frosting had a strange taste, but apparently I was the only one to notice.

I thought Olivia might die whilst having to wait for the doughnuts to cool down enough to eat. Boo sent them home with some leftovers and she was so concerned about where those doughnuts were going. It was quite comical from a spectator point of view.
Olivia ejoys her chocolate dougnut
Thanks for coming to dinner. See you when we get back!

8 comments:

Gold-E said...

FUN! You can make donuts while you're on your trip too, if you want :D Yay! Can't wait to see you!!

birdie said...

Yumm... how creative are you guys?! Making doughnuts for company. We just break out the Taco Bell.

Have fun on your trip - anything to get away from this heat!

TomKat said...

Those look yummy! Beck is right, I think you might have to make them while you're here :)

Adrianne said...

Wow! I am super impressed. First quilts and watercolors now homemade doughnuts! Move over Martha! (will you send me the recipe?) i would love to try them!

Tami said...

We love to make dougnuts too.

lulu said...

wow! those look delicious!

Jamie Broderick Photography said...

I am totally impressed! You will have to share the secret recipe, that looks like a fun family activity (by family I mean me doing all the work and them eating the final product). We will see you when the baby is born and we get back to AZ.

Linda said...

Those are THE BEST LOOKING HOMEMADE DONUTS I have EVER seen. My mom once made some for a slumber party when I was a girl. They weren't that great, but I thought it was GREAT of her to do that. Yours look amazing.