Friday, July 04, 2008

Chocolate Factory

It didn't take long for Noelle to learn to say "chocolate." Over time she has even figured out who the suckers are that will give it to her when she bats her big blue eyes. (Papa, Grandpa Ted, Dad) While on a recent trip to Wal-Mart I told her that she could have a treat for going potty and she said she wanted chocolate. When I put some M&Ms in the cart she said, "Not M&Ms, chocolate Mom."
So to celebrate a love of chocolate we took a field trip with some of our friends to Cerreta Candy Co. in Glendale, AZ. We got to see pretzels being covered in white chocolate on a conveyor belt like the one in "I Love Lucy." They showed us all kinds of chocolate shapes, but best of all we made our own chocolate pizza! The samples were delightful too. For part of the tour I put Noelle on my shoulders so she could see. The worker gave us each a truffle to try. Noelle wasted no time in eating hers, as for myself I was enjoying mine in bites. As I went to take my second bite she tried to snatch it out of my hand. If there is one thing she'll learn over time is that her mom doesn't like people to touch her food. Boo says that when I eat I "box out" like in basketball. Watch out for my pointy elbows.

6 comments:

birdie said...

Looks like so much fun! What a great idea on a hot summer day. There's not much you can do when it's 5000 degrees outside.

Rachel said...

Jane my lovey, you aint kiddin', 5000 degrees is exactly how hot it feels when I walk through the Wal-Mart parking lot. This sucks.

Tami said...

A girl after my own heart.

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! She'll learn fast that she's dealing with a member of the MMOB!

Gold-E said...

Who wouldn't love a chocolate factory? Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

talonandanna said...

chocolate, delicious chocolate! looks like fun! just how did i miss that little venture when we were down that way? next time! uh, call me when you have a minute & let's make a plan. i'd like to get everyone together!!!