Monday, August 20, 2007

Oh me of little faith

Last night we went to the baptism of a new friend Luis. I was thinking that he is incredibly wise for his years. Before the baptism we had him over for dinner with the missionaries. This wasn't the first time he'd been to our house as Boo had participated in the discussions with him before. But he's only 17, lives with some relatives but takes care of himself while his mother has left to take work somewhere, he doesn't know. Doesn't know his father at all either. We got talking about school and his plans for after graduation. I told him that if it was me, I'd be freaking out and that I thought he was really calm for his situation. I commend his decision for being baptized. I know that he thought through it very carefully. It was a really nice event to be part of.

0 comments: