Monday, December 07, 2009

Thoughts on a Christmas Card

Well its time to send out Christmas cards and I'm already a week behind. This is the one time of year that I make a special effort for people who we don't talk to regularly and spend a little more than postage on them all.

This year there won't be glitter and cutting and ribbon. I'll just be happy to get the stamps on them. The hard part this year was getting a decent picture. We barely did and boy am I glad I didn't spend big bucks on a professional after the experience we had.

Here are some of the losers that will give you an idea of our time spent taking pictures.


Auntie said that Noelle can sometimes be a tool and boy was she right. Needless to say, we didn't make it to McDonald's for ice cream after.

8 comments:

Gold-E said...

I know you wanted to ship her off this day, but at least she was being cheese-mo instead of frowny face. Pretty funny.

EmilyCC said...

I'm so glad that we aren't the only ones who have this problem! Seriously, this is the first year since Asher was born that we have a decent picture

Though it's not as cute when you're the mom, Noelle's cute faces crack me up!

Rachel said...

EmilyCC I saw your pictures and they were awesome. Yes in hindsight its funny, but when the kind ward member is following your family around and the 3 yr old is running circles around all of you - not so funny. I was waiting for her to run into a cactus.

Nay said...

I love all those pictures! They're very natural!

Camille Bassett said...

I can't wait till Sydney gets roped into Noelle's little schemes. That will be so funny from the outside looking in. Good luck with that.

Tricia Lee Riggio said...

Those girls are so cute in those colors!!! I miss you!!!!!! Are you going to temple lights?

Nay said...

Do you think she just woke up that day and, knowing pictures were going to be taken, decided to be a goof ball? Syd just seems to be rolling with the punches!

Heather said...

Got your card today and wanted to cry! You're lovely! It's warm! And your babies look delicious. Miss miss miss you, especially this time of year. I can't even get out the glitter glue gun. Too sad.